[PD] No basic objects in pd-extended from sf git-repo

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 2 09:45:35 CET 2014

Thanks for the output of configure:
Gem finds the headers nicely, but fails to link with the GL-library.

Am 01. November 2014 19:52:16 MEZ, schrieb Viacheslav Lotsmanov <lotsmanov89 at gmail.com>:
>There's no problem with linking with libGL, see:
>```
>$ ldd /usr/bin/glxgears | grep libGL
>    libGL.so.1 => /usr/local/lib64/libGL.so.1 (0x00007fd00ac65000)
>```

This is the dynamic "runtime" linker. I was referring to the linking stage during the build-process, which is not exactly the same.

E.g. the build process searches for libGL.so, whereas the runtime linker uses libGL.so.1

Also the build linker might not automatically search for libs in /usr/local/lib64 (check the docs)

>Here full log of Gem configure: http://pastebin.com/VuDAjMM
>Some about OpenGL:
>```
>checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
>checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
>checking for GL/gl.h... yes
>checking OpenGL/gl.h usability... no
>checking OpenGL/gl.h presence... no
>checking for OpenGL/gl.h... no
>```

Btw, the real error was a little further below... OpenGL/gl.h are OSX-specific headers...no wonder they cannot be found on a linux system...

>>> I have "/usr/local/include/GL" as symbolic link to
>/opt/Mesa-10.2.4/include/GL/
>> [...]
>>> What I'm doing wrong?

Btw, do these headers match the library installation? Also mesa is notorious for mangling the exported names.

Ideally your opengl installation provides a pkg-config script that tells configure where to find stuff.

mfg.ugd.fhj
IOhannes

--
Sent from my pdp-11