[PD] Looking for research in amplitude envelopes of music instruments during performance.

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 03:24:39 CET 2014

On 08/11/14 00:00, Ingo wrote:
> The big difference is how humans and machines are making the choices.
> Machines can create any frequency and combine all kind of frequencies in
> millions of ways. Does that make it music?

Most music is made by humans using machines ... machines made of wood, metal,
leather or, in the case of pd or synthesisers ... silicon chips. Singing and
clapping are obvious exceptions here.

Some music has the human choice limited to the original design of the instrument
...  wind chimes and algorithmic music come to mind ... you may consider these a
lesser form of music I guess, it depends .. does a composer make music, or is it
only music if a musician actually plays it? I'll stick with the idea that if it
is composed to be music it is ... but that doesn't make it good music, that is
almost pointless to define except as a personal preference.

Simon