[PD] udp broadcasting with netsend: permission denied in Linux

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 8 12:56:40 CET 2014

hi,

On 11/08/2014 11:46 AM, Billy Stiltner wrote:
> hey, probably not related to pd at all but currently can´t get JAVA applet
> in mozilla through IcedTea and opneJDK to send tcp or udp packets to pd,
> something to do with permissions no certificate, blah blah....
> Any Ideas?

you get this error in mozilla, right? (not in Pd).
then i think the problem is a "mozilla problem".

do you think there is any relation to the original problem reported in
this thread (in 2011)? afair, this was about not being able to send UDP
(not TCP) packets in *broadcast* mode (not unicast).

it's a bit hard to tell which info in your email is actually new and
which is just a leftover from the original thread.

mfgdsar
IOhannes

PS: please keep my out of CC/To,... i'm reading the mailing list.