[PD] trying to build puredata 0.46-2 .deb package (was: compile pd-0.45-5 on Linux with autogen.sh)

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 22:57:37 CET 2014

Hello, I'm unsuccessful in building the puredata 0.46-2 .deb package for
Raspberry Pi as per IOhannes' description:

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
wrote:

> if your distro ships an older version you can do:
> $ dget
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/puredata/puredata_0.45.4-2.dsc
> $ cd puredata-0.45.4/
> $ sudo aptitude install devscripts
> $ sudo mk-build-deps -i -r debian/control
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> this will create the puredata package(s) using the autotools method.
> you can then install it using:
> $ sudo dpkg -i ../puredata*_0.45.4-2_*.deb

Devscripts had to be installed first to use dget. After downloading the
files with dget I got the error:
"gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
Validation FAILED"

I had created a key with gpg --gen-key, but that didn't help. The files
were downloaded nonetheless so I unpacked them and did the
'make-build-debs' step which resulted in the creation and installation of
package 'puredata-build-deps'. The building stage however resulted in a
plethora of errors, summarized at the end as:
"dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source"

Is this related to the validation failure?

Katja