[PD] Dynamic selection of dac~ channel

Alessio Degani alessio.degani at ymail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:13:30 CET 2014

On 10/11/2014 21:20, patrice colet wrote:

> This method works pretty good nowadays indeed, sorry to not put
> explanation comments, but I can give some clues...
>
> We create [dac~ n] (n is channel number) in a subpatch protected with
> $0 variable in subpatch name.

Perfect! The only thing that I've noticed is that everytime I change the
channel argument, in the subpatch I've that $0=$0+1
I think because a new dynamic patch is created... but I think that
should not be an issue... at least in the real use case where the
channel is selected once at the "init"

> Instance specific dynamic patching is explained here but this is a bit
> old:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/TipsAndTricks#instance-specific-dynamic-patching

Thanks, now it's perfectly clear the meaning of the message block...
It's quite easy, but I was not familiar with dynamic patching! :)

> [CUT]
>
> Also, I've made it fast and figured out that [t b b]-[$1] is useless,
> you can directly connect [loadbang] to [pack $0 $1].

True, but I've already modified that part of the patch in order to
select a default channel if no argument is supplyed!

Thank you Patrice! :)

--
a.