[PD] data structures......

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:38:21 CET 2014

On 11/12/2014 09:33 AM, i go bananas wrote:
> something i have thought for a LONG time, and i guess a few others
> have too.
>
> They are just too hard to use.
>
> but they keep popping up in updates to pd, so it seems they are still
> being worked on.
>
> couldn't that work be put to better use?

Yes, but as far as I can tell only in pd-l2ork, so if you are using
vanilla, you got nothing to worry about (in other words, AFAICT no
vanilla resources are being used by this aspect).

> like, for instance, on a native PD state saving system???

You can always try pd-l2ork's preset_hub and preset_node (it's
impossible to port to pd because it requires maintaining of the gl_list
stack between operations).

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor
Computer Music