[PD] data structures......

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 18:17:35 CET 2014

Well, Miller has recently added the "text" field to [struct], so he does work on them, too.

-Jonathan

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:59 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

Pd-l2ork has two internal objects for state-saving called [preset_hub] and [preset_node].  I haven't used them a ton but they seem to handle abstractions and locality gracefully (even without the need for $0).

As far as data structures, my changes hopefully make them easier to use.  You can create scalars in object boxes. You can update their appearance by sending messages to [draw].  If you just want a single scalar to visualize something, you can essentially treat it as a kind of simplified 2d Gem.  In that case you don't even have to understand about or even use gpointers.

-Jonathan