[PD] Approaches to "show control" platforms

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:39:37 CET 2014

Hello,

on my side, I'm using Pd in almost each show or installation I made.
I use it as a media server (audio and video player and synthesizer,
light and actuator control).
The cue control is still a big point. But I think I have now with
I-score [1] something really efficient.
This is an intermedia sequencer working with MIDI, Minuit and OSC.
It's a great tool to do show control.
It doesn't play media itself but send command to other programs (like pd).
You can easily write automation by hand, or record them with controller.
It implement a lots of very nice feature like global speed control and
cue triggering condition.
It's still in beta but the dev' crew is very reactive to fix bug and
implement new features.
It's open source and run on Mac OS, Linux and Windows (binaries are available).

This is the most powerful software I knew to do show control. (but Ok,
I know the team, and I'm quite involve in its development :-) )
Feel free to try it and reach the team if you have any question.

Cheers

Antoine

[1] ; http://i-score.org/
--