[PD] value object with dollar sign in name acts locally only

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Fri Nov 14 20:10:20 CET 2014

Hi list - In two different abstractions, I would like to use dollar
signs in the names of "value" objects. As I understand it, the value
object usually has global scope, however it doesn't seem to work that
way across abstractions when a dollar sign referencing the same creation
argument is incorporated in the name.

eg. if i give a value object in two abstractions the name argument
"$1_started", where $1 is a file name referenced by the two, the value
of the value objects of the abstractions don't confer when one is
changed. Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks, iain