[PD] data structure setsize allocation

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 16:13:07 CET 2014

I use Wheezy because Jessie would still break things up to a few weeks ago, Ubuntu doesn't have a social contract and would mine user data by default if they can find a way to get away with it, Mint has a Flash binary blob by default (and probably a lot else I don't want running on the machine), Fedora has an inferior packaging system, and Arch sounds like a royal pain.
Pulseaudio isn't designed for low latency (or at least not designed for latency as low as Pd users typically try to get).  That doesn't mean I'd necessarily run into problems with a screencasting demo.  But Gnome itself doesn't have audio recording included with their built-in screencasting tool, and the workarounds evidently have workarounds for the bugs they introduce.  I'm sure I could get something up and running, probably some trouble and frustration; at the moment it's way easier just to explain that I'm yelling "Ka!" when the pendulum in my screencast turns red.
-Jonathan

     On Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:06 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

 On 11/14/2014 09:39 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> I started looking at solutions to do a screen cast.  Then I remembered
> I'd be screencasting a low-latency audio program under Linux, with
> Debian Wheezy's out-of-date video libs, using a sound server which

seriously, you are using wheezy? is that machine also acting as an
important server?

> proclaims that very low latency like Pd's is out-of-scope.  On the other

you could use pulseaudio, if you have trouble with jack.

gfmadsr
IOhannes