[PD] Approaches to "show control" platforms

João Martins joaomartins at mac.com
Sat Nov 15 20:37:22 CET 2014

Thank you all.
I-score seems very promising and I'll look into it and the kollabs/ds
library.

Peter nailed the issue spot on. All that Pd allows me to do has made my
work and my thought processes evolve and that's amazing. In the "real
world", however, I rely on technicians who do not use it and I always have
to find ways to make friendlier interfaces. Most of the times, I end up
operating things myself and that's absurd: theatre plays where I'm stuck
for the entire run, with the venue's sound tech by my side, not doing it
because it's not the "play/pause, fade in/out, cross fade on a mixer's
knobs and faders, kind of thing"…
Of course I can go the commercial way and use Qlab. The thing is: if I can
get technicians to work with Qlab (I did that, already), could I build
something myself?
I-score and kollabs/ds, attached to an external controller (there are
cheap MIDI / DJ options who are just like the "regular stuff"), could do
the trick.
I'll keep searching for that balance between flexible and customized
performance control and ease of use for "others". And yes, I'm aware of the
dangers of trying to reinvent the wheel.

All the best,

João Martins

No dia quinta-feira, 13 de Novembro de 2014, IOhannes m zmölnig <

--
João Pedro Martins
música . web design
mail: joaomartins at mac.com