[PD] Approaches to "show control" platforms

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Wed Nov 19 05:01:13 CET 2014

Hello,

> i need it to build a synchronized audio/video player
> a solution exist with Python, but it's stuck in a very old Raspbian
> version... and not compatible with Jessie (and also I don't know anything
> about Python :-) )

I would be curious to see this the code for this solution.

You can use GStreamer with some backend such as Clutter, or GTK+. They work
very well. That requires a bit of coding, of course. I have a few of them
under my Github user aalex. VLC is another higher-level option. (it's
highly scriptable)

Best,
--
Alexandre Quessy - 亚历山大 - ألكسندر