[PD] [OT] : synchrnized video player on Pi

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 04:08:42 CET 2014

On 20/11/14 02:37, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Try MapMap: http://mapmap.info - let us know if it misses some features you
> need. It requires OpenGL.

I'll try it out, but it's not much use for Raspberries, they have openGL-ES ...
I've been very comfortably using GEM, or occasionally raw openGL in C .. mixing
and matching patches and templates accumulated over many installations for any
openGL capable machines ... mapping on the raspberries in pd needs to use one of
the interfaces that Broadcom supports with the APIs they have released for their
GPU.

I'm getting dependencies set up to compile on my laptop, looks like
gstreamer0.10 should do it, wheezy-backports is missing gstreamer1.0-fluendo-mp3
gstreamer1.0-gnonlin and gstreamer1.0-nice but does have qt4-default etc.

but ...
$ ./build.sh
Project MESSAGE: MapMap version: 0.1.1
Project ERROR: Package gstreamer-1.0 not found
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Updating 'mapmap_fr.qm'...
     Generated 85 translation(s) (85 finished and 0 unfinished)
     Ignored 76 untranslated source text(s)

I guess I'll need the git repo, not the tarball?

Now jessie is frozen I'll move to it soon, but raspbian is still at wheezy.

Simon