[PD] [OT] : synchrnized video player on Pi

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:35:03 CET 2014

On 20/11/14 14:55, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

>> On 20/11/14 02:37, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
>>

>>> Try MapMap: http://mapmap.info - let us know if it misses some features
>>> you
>>> need. It requires OpenGL.
>>>

>> I'll try it out, but it's not much use for Raspberries, they have
>> openGL-ES ... I've been very comfortably using GEM, or occasionally raw
>> openGL in C .. mixing and matching patches and templates accumulated over
>> many installations for any openGL capable machines ... mapping on the
>> raspberries in pd needs to use one of the interfaces that Broadcom supports
>> with the APIs they have released for their GPU.
>>

> Oh! I forgot about the Raspberry Pi. I never tried it on them. MapMap
> requires OpenGL, as far as I know.

certainly does, just downloaded the other tarball - which suits the older GStreamer.

this time it failed with the linker looking for GLEW ... something is different
in the openGL library setup ...

g++ -m64 -o mapmap DestinationGLCanvas.o MainApplication.o MainWindow.o Mapper.o
MapperGLCanvas.o Mapping.o MappingManager.o MediaImpl.o OscInterface.o
OscReceiver.o OutputGLWindow.o Paint.o ProjectReader.o ProjectWriter.o Shape.o
SourceGLCanvas.o UidAllocator.o Util.o main.o qtpropertybrowser.o
qtpropertymanager.o qteditorfactory.o qtvariantproperty.o
qttreepropertybrowser.o qtbuttonpropertybrowser.o qtgroupboxpropertybrowser.o
qtpropertybrowserutils.o moc_DestinationGLCanvas.o moc_MainWindow.o moc_Mapper.o
moc_MapperGLCanvas.o moc_OutputGLWindow.o moc_SourceGLCanvas.o
moc_qtpropertybrowserutils_p.o qrc_mapmap.o qrc_qtpropertybrowser.o
-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lglut -lGLU -llo -lX11 -lGLEW
-pthread -lgstbase-0.10 -lgstreamer-0.10 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0
-lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0 -lxml2 -lQtXml -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore -lGL
-lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLEW
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mapmap] Error 1

   ... also something else didn't like having qt updated behind its back, don't
know what yet!

Simon