[PD] like lrshift~ but setable

Charles Z Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:36:58 CET 2014

It's been done before, but not merged into pd vanilla.  This thread from 2006:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-11/043785.html

and the lrshift~.c modified to let lrshift~ use a float method in the
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20061106/975a8e7b/attachment.txt

the method:

static void lrshift_tilde_float(t_lrshift_tilde *x, t_floatarg f)
{
    x->x_n = f;
}

and the command added to the setup method:

class_addfloat(lrshift_tilde_class, (t_method)lrshift_tilde_float);

It couldn't be much simpler.  You might also choose to have it be a
method using the symbol "set".  Also, it could be good to do some
value-checking and decide on a rounding scheme.