[PD] Access to camera data on smart device with pddroid att. Chris McCormick

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:12:22 CET 2014

hello,

I worked on a non-free app for Android that uses video camera and some
OpenCV processing to make sound with libpd
It was based on ScenePlayer by Peter Brinkmann.
Basically, the global layout was modified to implement a
Camera.PreviewCallback then with the onPreviewFrame(byte[], Camera) method
I get the video data and pass it to a JNI that does the processing thanks
to OpenCV4Android
Then the JNI talks with Pd tanks to some global variables and callback
functions.
Note that I can't find any way to access the android camera without
displaying a preview image.

I made an external that works on Linux, Mac OS, Windows and Android.
Thus people can work with their workstation on patch and then download it
to the phone.

Unfortunately I'm not able to share the source code of this app since it's
not free.
But you can get it on Google Play :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nujus.android.roadmusic&hl=fr_FR
to see what it really does