[PD] Substitute for unauthorized [playlist]?

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 26 07:51:52 CET 2014

Greetings,

I’ve finally gotten around to upgrading to Pd-0.43.4-extended on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). The ‘unauthorized’ playlist object is causing the error:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x360890.c"
    while executing
".x360890.c delete 2099000TITLE"
    ("uplevel" body line 1447)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd”

on initialization, which, in turn, makes the GUI of the patch malfunction partially (sliders don’t work, etc).

When I remove all instances of [playlist], the error message and gui malfunctions disappear.

Are there any replacements for [playlist]?  (I.e., are there any graphical list-item-choosers out there?)

Thanks,

Phil Stone
UC Davis