[PD] Substitute for unauthorized [playlist]?

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed Nov 26 18:00:05 CET 2014

Hello,

  this error gave me an idea I'd like to share with the list, let me try
to explain...

tcltk scripting requires only 3 lines of code to draw a treeview, and
hundreds of lines to put it into an external,
so I'm wondering if sometimes it would be interesting to make a custom
GUI without using a compiler.

  To answer that question to myself I've made an external that simply
outputs the pathname of the canvas where it has been created,
I haven't found yet how to output the pathname of a canvas by sending
the name but it's a start.

  Now I can draw a treeview into a canvas by using [sys_gui] and my
[getcanvas] external,
you might find this a bit ugly because it doesn't follow the all rules
but it works pretty well.

  The code is available here:

http://megalego.free.fr/pd/getcanvas/

cheers,