[PD] data structures......

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Nov 30 05:30:47 CET 2014

Most of the build scripts for extended are still in the pd-l2ork git. It
is a relatively simple matter of making sure:

1) tkpath builds cleanly on Windows (which it should)
2) tkdnd builds ok on Windows (which it should)
3) Windows has xapian and tkxapian libraries (which it should)
4) and then hunting any stray idiosyncrasies within the pd-l2ork's tk
scripts (there should no more than a few linked to the startup behavior).

Basically, it is a matter of someone spending a bit of time hunting
these down and refining scripts as necessary to make everything
buildable in as automatic of a way as possible (e.g. on Linux pd-l2ork
uses a single command to build the entire monolithic deb or tarball
installer).

HTH

Best,

Ico

On 11/29/2014 11:34 AM, João Pais wrote:
> are there any indications somewhere on how to do it?
>
>     AFAICT there isn't any technical reason why Pd-l2ork couldn't be
>     built and run on Windows.  There might be some Linux-centric
>     theming in the tcl files.  But if someone wants to try to get it
>     running on Windows I'll be happy to amend any problem code.
>
>     -Jonathan

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor
Computer Music