[PD] Fwd: PDCon (was Updated pd-extended)

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Dec 1 04:19:01 CET 2014

Hi Charles,

Sorry for the slow reply. Things are madness at the moment in my neck of
the woods.

This sounds great!

I would use existing infrastructure (website/registration) - for a
barcamp type of thing it's traditional to use a wiki, which has a very
low barrier to entry. I guess you could even use the pure-data.info site
and just create a wiki page on there somewhere. Probably the most
important bit will be "marketing" or in normal people language
"reminding everyone about it over and over again." Don't forget to post
on the pure-data forum too.

Seems like there is a lot to talk about in Pd-world at the moment.
Miller has created new stuff in recent versions that hasn't been talked
about much on this list and it would also be cool to get an overview
from the Pd-l2ork guys on their innovations. Then there is libpd, and
there are always implementation talks too on how people are using Pd in
the wild.

I will not be able to make it to the USA in June (second child on the
way) but your plan sounds solid and if you get enough interested people
it should be excellent.

Let me know if there is any small way I can help beyond promotion!

Cheers,

Chris.

http://mccormick.cx/