[PD] Computer Vision with Pure Data

Jonathan Aardestrup jonastikov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:24:26 CET 2014

Thanks for your reply!

I have also looked a bit at the Leap Motion, but what I would like to know
more about, is something that could be implemented on a "smart device"
using the in build camera as sensor. For the same reason the reactable
solution is a bit outside my scope.

I have already looked at the openv_contours_boundingrect, but it is marked
"deprecated" in the help file, so I thought I would not spent time on
making that work. Any thoughts on what the problem is and if it would be
possible to use anyway?
Your suggestion on using pdmd is intriguing, but I cannot understand how to
make use of it (perhaps since I have hardly used pdmd at all).

With the different setups I have it seems possible to make solutions to
detect x-axis and depth. With the y-axis I have a problem since I am also
detecting the arm, which disrupts the motion tracking. At the moment this
is my biggest issue.
Any suggestions except waring long black sleeves are most welcome!

Hints about other pd projects detecting hands with web cam would also be
great.

cheers
Jonathan