[PD] Natural Log Compression?

Stephan Horvath horvaths95 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 11:21:17 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm building my own compressor and I've been analysing patches I've found
but I can't figure out a part of this one.

If you open the patch [st-compressor], then open the [pd workings] subpatch
and then the [pd rh_scalelog] subpatch, I can't figure out why 'Roman H' is
using natural log for ratio, attack and release. I must be missing
something because on another patch [tb_compressor~], all it uses for the
ratio is

[ratio(

[swap 1]
|   /
[/ ]

[s $0-ratio]

This is obviously calculating the inverse of the ratio, which has a 0-100
range.

I would really like to know what is the idea behind Roman's rh_scalelog.

Thanks