[PD] Computer Vision with Pure Data

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 16:13:56 CET 2014

hello,

the latest version of pix_opencv can be found here :
https://github.com/avilleret/pix_opencv
I can't test your patch because it uses some [smooth] I don't have with
vanilla.
btw, pix_opencv_contour is useful to detect hand by finding convexity
defects and replaces all old pix_opencv_contour_*
it is highly customizable.

also pix_opecv_backgroundsubtractor is very useful to do background
subtraction in complex situation (where the light / color change quite
quickly)
but it needs a recent opencv installation
also it is very CPU expensive, but you can use it on GPU thanks to OpenCL

and some dedicated hardware like leapmotion or Kinect for Windows (the
desktop version) are easier to setup for testing purpose.

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr