[PD] Cyclone suite initiative

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 7 17:43:31 CET 2014

Hi Jonathan,

> It's instructive to have some history on this...

I prefer to focus on what is possible, and the cyclone patches are for
pd-extended/pd-l2ork anyhow. Hyperlinks are cool, but there can be a
downside; maybe someone creates a pd-based exploit ;-).

> That would only work if all [pddp/pddplink] objects come last in the pd
> file.  Otherwise you'll throw off the connection indices.  (Maybe you
> didn't notice the effect because so many of the objects are comments,
> which don't have wires.)

Maybe some smart scripting could do this properly. Added it to the todo
list. This would mean we can build rich help-patches for
pd-extended/pd-l2ork and automatically strip them down to be
vanilla-compliant.
Is there a description of the file format somewhere?

> Why aren't there hyperlinks in Pd Vanilla?  We shouldn't be working
> around this in the 21st century.

We have them in other forks like pd-extended and pd-l2ork. Lets
concentrate on making those better and more accessible. A lot of good pd
forks have died because of the focus on getting their features in
pd-vanilla.

But enough of this. For now, I'll prefer to spend my sparse free time on
learning pd and improve help-patches. It is more constructive and more fun.

> -Jonathan

Greetings,

Fred Jan