[PD] Raspberry Pi & pd 0.46 with real time priority

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:19:10 CET 2014

On Xubuntu 12.04 I found the same /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf
file with rtprio 95 specified for the audio group. So this setting
must be around for quite a while, and not limited to Debian /
Raspbian. I can't find any documentation or even mailing list
discussion explaining the rationale.

Miller has today responded to this fait accompli with the release of
pd 0.46-3 which respects that level, so it can't be bothered by
jackd's default setting. Thanks Miller! This irons out a lot of the
confusion.

By the way I found that when I created
/etc/security/limits.d/puredata.conf it has precedence over
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf, probably because of it's
alpha-numerical rank. Would this for pd users be the most transparent
option to set real time priority? Or am I overlooking some drawback?

Katja