[PD] Cyclone help patches & issue list

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:32:59 CET 2014

Hi, I re-sending (or forwarding) my first message about cartopol, with the
patch I had attached to exemplify the issue. My message was brief then, but
it said it all.

Moreover. I'm also attaching print screens of this patch with Pd Extended
0.42 and 0.43, so you can really see what I mean and is going on.

With 0.42, phase comes out negative when it should be positive, but when
converting back to cartesian the result matches to the left.

In 0.43, phase comes out correctly, but [poltocar~] ruins everything and
the cartesian form comes out all wrong. This means that every spectral
processing patch, in Pd 0.43, is already pretty damaged and broken. I did
say something back then when I found about it, made some report I believe.
But well, I'm glad this is being deeply discussed now.

So never ever mind at all about a new object like [cartopol2~], please.

As you can see, the bug fixing was already worked on, but only half of it
(only with cartopol~), all we need now is get on with the fixing in
poltocar~. It's just really funny that it was working better when both of
them were wrong, hehe...

Now, I'm assuming that the version in 0.43 is the latest and is the one you
have. About the bug list then, the right thing to do would be to take
[cartopol~] out of the list and just keep [poltocar~], saying something
like "wrong conversion".

I haven't checked the code. But the formulas are pretty simple, just
basically sine and cosine, so you can't go wrong by fixing it. There must
be a minus sing somewhere where it didn't belong, just take it out.

Cheers