[PD] butterworth/chebyshev/etc in biquad?

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 16:41:45 CET 2014

On 15/12/14 14:49, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Do any of you know if they're Butterworth or what?

I'm not sure how much difference it makes for low-order filters (biquad
has 2 poles and 2 zeros).  The differences really matter more for higher
order filters, say 8 poles or more...

You could waste time calculating coefficients for a biquad cascade (the
process is quite involved - see the mkfilter package online), but I'd
just use the ones already made in iemlib...

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk