[PD] Pd from git with -jack

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 00:41:17 CET 2014

Hey all

Since a little while, Pd from git segfaults when I try to run it with
-jack. I wanted to hunt down what's going on and tried to backtrace the
issue with gdb, only to find out that there were no debug symbols
compiled in. Google lead me to the following:

$ CFLAGS="-g3 -O0" ./configure --enable-jack --disable-portaudio
$ make -j3
$ sudo make install

Interestingly, from then on Pd runs fine with -jack. My understanding of
the gcc compiler (and probably building in general) is too limited to
understand what is going on. In what way would those flags influence
whether Pd segfaults or not with -jack? Is such behavior probably
related to the version of gcc?

Roman