[PD] Cyclone help patches & issue list

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 23:59:23 CET 2014

On 12/16/2014 03:12 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I like how I explicitly asked to not hear that "Pd-l2ork has that" and
> yet that's the response I got. I already knew this anyway from the
> sample screenshots you were posting when you were implementing it.
> (Looks great BTW)

Yeah, I know, it was 100% willful snark on my part.  It's kind of like
you were asking, "Is there a way to do X, while satisfying my irrational
desire to ignore a working solution by someone who likely already did X?"

Anyway, did you look at the code?  It's done in tcl/tk, and it does not
depend on tkpath.  So if you don't want to duplicate all the work I
already did, you can fairly easily port that back to Pd Vanilla.  There
might be a few API differences in accessing the audio backend, but there
are small and I don't mind helping make those changes.

Also, I specifically did everything in tcl/tk so that the patch would be
as simple as possible.  It shouldn't even require a recompile.  Now, I
haven't looked at Ivica's changes that added persistence.  But all
versions of Pd have the same prefs-saving code so that shouldn't be
difficult, either.

> Also, if you didn't know, why respond? :P

Because the answer to your question ultimately depends on whether what
you come up with fits the unspoken yet stringent HIG standards imposed
by Miller's Pd.

But that doesn't mean that code which does _exactly_ what you're asking
about isn't relevant to your question.

-Jonathan