[PD] Extending Vanilla (was Cyclone help patches & issue list)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:08:45 CET 2014

Hello, I'm opening a new thread about the new direction of discussion with
a proper subject title. Perhaps this will call the attention of other
readers.

I particularly think this is of major interest to everyone. We're
discussing new ways of using the libraries in Pd Extended into Pd Vanilla,
and even a way to bring some of the Pd-extended UI changes into vanilla.

Something Miller brought up in the thread was "*Just FYI…. Joe Deken
of newblankets.org <http://newblankets.org/> is considering making a
repository of external objects compatible with Pd vanilla.  I think almost
all the*
*objects in Pd extended will work with vanilla (and if I find out
what specific changes vanilla would need to allow the others, I'd be happy
to try to provide them).  It seems like maintaining compiled versions of
the **libs is an easier thing to do than maintaining all of Pd Extended*."

So, anyone else care to share their two cents?

cheers

: