[PD] Pd 32bits on a 64 bits Ubuntu system?

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 21:53:33 CET 2014

az., 2014.eko aberen 17a 21:01(e)an, IOhannes m zmölnig igorleak idatzi
zuen:
> On 12/17/2014 05:40 PM, enrike wrote:
>> hi all
>>
>> is there some way to run PD 32 bits on a Ubuntu 64 bits system?
>>
>> sorry if this is stupid question but after a quick search I could not
>> see any recent answer.
>

> my expertise is Debian only, but should apply to ubuntu as well.
>
> - make sure you have a recent enough system
> - enable multi-arch:
>
>    $ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
>
> - (probably update your apt cache)
>
>    $ sudo apt-get update
>
> - install the i386 binary:
>
>    $ sudo apt-get install puredata:i386
>

> make sure to read the multiarch guide [1].
>
> gfasdr
> IOhannes
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

I forgot to say I actually need pd-extended. I tried the method you
suggest but with the pd-extended guide for Ubuntu (adding the ppa
etc...) but I get conflicts with some libraries. I just installed the
system a couple of hours ago and I am wondering if it is worth
reinstalling a 32 bit system from scratch

thanks

enrike