[PD] Extending Vanilla (was Cyclone help patches & issue list)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 04:41:40 CET 2014

It can be maintained. If we have a “puredata” Github organization (I made one already :D), for example, there could be an external template with the makefiles, sample readme, folder structure, metadata, etc.

This is what we do with OpenFrameworks. There is an ofxAddonTemplate <https://github.com/openframeworks/ofxAddonTemplate> that is both documentation and a template when creating a new addon. We then provide makefiles and a ProjectGenerator app that work with this layout and, if the addon is in the right place, make it relatively easy to include the external sources and libs into your project. Now, pd externals wouldn’t require a project generator but would need a makefile that find the pd sources and builds against them and/or any other required libs. Again, we can borrow form the great OF makefiles in this regard.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>