[PD] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Extending Vanilla (was Cyclone help patches & issue list)

Alessio Degani alessio.degani at ymail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:22:10 CET 2014

On 18/12/2014 20:34, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 12/18/2014 08:16 PM, Samuel Burt wrote:
>> 1. Opening a patch with [import cyclone] would automatically download the
> i *strongly* oppose to anything that automatically connects to the
> internet and fetches or submits data.

I totally agree with you! But an auto-download can be achieved by
different means. For example by calling your default package manager. Or
maybe in a semi-automatic way like pointing to a web page reposotory and
then the user can download the external and put it in to a default
folder (as suggested by Dan).
Just an idea...

But I think that the main concern is about compiling/maintaining all the
(cross platform) externals and organize them in a clean manner.
After that, the installation task can be simplified in several ways...

Cheers

Alessio

> mgfdsr
> IOhannes