[PD] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Extending Vanilla (was Cyclone help patches & issue list)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:40:12 CET 2014

Well, funny this was mentioned here, cause I was actually thinking about
creating a library of abstractions myself.

I've been working on an extensive computer music tutorial with Pd over the
years now (in portuguese though, with over 220 patches now), and I usually
present a vanilla alternative when I present externals. I mean, the whole
idea of the thing is to show how to implement stuff, so I sometimes even go
as far as presenting a vanilla implementation of some vanilla objects.

I'm very interested in this thread because of this work, by the way.
Because the tutorial has been stuck to Pd Extended 0.42-5 :P in Pd Extended
0.43 [cartopol~] and [poltocar~] did break so I say it's not compatible to
it. I wanted to include some of the vanilla 0.46 functionality too by the
way. Well, I digress.

I surely value compiled objects as I think they can run faster and
everything, but I could work on the abstractions. I can still think of many
many external objects I couldn't live without in regards to this
"tutorial". Not only many objects, but maybe most importantly some GUI
features like [envgen] / [breakpoints~] / [grid]. And those gotta be
externals, right.

Well. Anyway. I'd be glad to come up with a library of abstractions as a
side part of this work I've been developing.

If you wanna have a look at it, even though you don't speak portuguese,
here it is:
https://sites.google.com/site/porres/ComputacaoMusical-Porres.zip

that's the current version I uploaded for this month, but I'm already
working on a new release for next month.

Cheers