[PD] finding source file of vanilla object

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 23 19:12:48 CET 2014

On 12/23/2014 07:05 PM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I wanna see and learn the source of vanilla object, but I can't find the C
> source file.
>
> I guess the C source of [metro] is metro.c, but metro.c file doesn't exist.
> I found it very difficultly named after x_time.c!
>
> I guess:
> [metro] is in *metro.c*
> But actually:
> [metro] is in *x_time.c*
>
> How can I find the source of each object easily?

$ grep '"metro"' *.c

"grep" is the unix-command to search a number of text-files for a given
pattern.
i'm using both kind of quotes to search for a string literal containing
the double-quotes (<<"metro">>), as I know that each class has to be
registered with it's name, which means that the C-string "metro" has to
occur somewhere in the text.

> I would to know too, why and how naming the source file name? I can't
> understand...

part of the filename is obvious (e.g. "time" relates to things (e.g.
objects) that deal with - well - time, like [metro]).
there's a short explanation about the non-obvious part ("x_") in
CHANGELOG.txt.

gmdsr
IOhannes