[PD] query dsp state

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:37:02 CET 2015

> I don't understand how this will report a wrong value. If you start Pd and
> turn the DSP on, then [f ] will hold 1, right? If you bang it, it will
> output 1, which is the DSP state. And if you turn the DSP off, it will hold
> 0. How is that wrong?

If the abstraction/patch is instantiated *after* DSP has been turned on
then the [f ] object (within the respective abstraction) will not hold the
correct value as it never received a change. I think this is case with
respect to Katja's original problem when opening help patches.

Follow me on Twitter @diplojocus