[PD] pd symbol confusion

David Medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 14 00:51:51 CET 2015

I am trying to output a list of strings (ie char **strings)  from a list
outlet. I have a t_atom *a_vec that is as long as the number of strings
that I want to output and there is a max length to the strings. My
question is, how do I pack the strings into the atom vector(a_vec)? It's
easy with float data:
for(i=0;i<whatever; i++)
     SETFLOAT(a_vec+i, data[i]);

and then a_vec can be pushed out using outlet_list, and there it is.

It seems like I need to use the SETSYMBOL macro to do the equivalent
with strings, but I'm not sure how to pack the strings into symbols
correctly. Is there a method or a macro for this?
Thanks,
David