[PD] Can't compile Pd-0.46-4 compiled for Raspberry Pi

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 22 15:39:27 CET 2015

On 01/22/2015 03:24 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:09 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>
>> check the Build-Depends section in [1]
>>
> Ok, I'm kind of getting it. But I have to include these URIs in
> sources.list. I've no idea where this sources.list is located in the
> system. Is it included in the Pd package, or is it in the Debian system?

ah no.

the link i gave you gives you the information directly: just copy the
Build-Depends (without commas, linebreaks, things in brackets) to your
clipboard and "aptitude install" them.

the alternative (which is what is suggested by the error message you
got) is to add a "deb-src" line to your sources.list.
*usually* this can be done by duplicating the lines starting with "deb"
and replace that first word with "deb-src".
e.g. my sources.list file looks like:
 deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
 deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
(this will most likely not work on your rasbpi)
then run "apt-get update" (so the new sources take effect).

the sources.list file(s) are a core component of the Debian package manager.
it is either /etc/apt/sources.list or split into multiple files in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ (actually apt uses both).
i prefer the latter as it allows you to add a single file (e.g.
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/debsrc.list) that only adds the "deb-src" you
are interested in without touching (and breaking) /etc/apt/sources.list.

mgfdsar
IOhannes