[PD] install libraries with apt-get with Pd compiled from source?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 23 17:43:26 CET 2015

Personally, I never use root to install - instead, I configure with, say,
--prefix=/tmp/pd-test/ (after making the directory /tmp/pd-test) and then
make and make install as a plain user.  (If you want that version to stay
around put it in your home directory somewhere, e.g., /home/msp/pdinstall
or something like that).

Installing as root will do fine until you compile some other version of Pd
and can't figure out how to keep them apart. - then you will end up badly
confused, as I have :)

Miller