[PD] install libraries with apt-get with Pd compiled from source?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:18:39 CET 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Cyrille Henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:

> when there is some problem with sudo make install, i use sudo make install
> -k, so that the problem is skiped, but everything else is still installed...
> cheers

Did that too. Again had some stuff missing in /usr/local/lib/pd/doc, but
copied them from ~/applications/pd-0.46-4/doc. Wrongly I thought that
pdsend and pdreceive should lie in /usr/local/lib/bin, I realised they're
in /usr/local/bin.

Pd now launches, but as soon as I turn the DSP on I get this:
/dev/dsp (read/write): No such file or directory
(now will try write-only...)
/dev/dsp (writeonly): No such file or directory
/dev/dsp (readonly): No such file or directory
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

and obviously there's no /dev/dsp
Is this file supposed to be created by the Makefile? Can I create this
manually - copy it from somewhere?