[PD] more about float limitation (was: weird float/add limitation)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:17:39 CET 2015

Well, thanks everyone.

And now for some related issues.

Pd can only represent up to 6 significant digits, so they say. For example,
in a message, you can have a number with up to 5 decimal places, like:
-5.29314e+12

but it does have a better internal resolution, if you compare 4 / 3 to
1.33333 you'll see 4 / 3 is higher ( try [expr 4./3 > 1.33333] and check).

So, what's this internal resolution? And why can't you have the same
resolution in a message?

thanks