[PD] more about float limitation

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:50:53 CET 2015

>> sure, but it still runs faster if compiled to 64 bits in a 64 bit OS,
right?

>why?

The only thing I have to back this assumption up is a recollection of a
message by miller to the list saying that tests with the 64 bit version
showed it was running faster, but I don't know anything about it, really.
Still trying to learn from you.

I'd also suspect that a double precision in Pd would make it much slower,
but the benchmarks from Katja didn;t point this out.

Seems like some future version of Pd running in full double precision is
not too crazy, huh?

cheers