[PD] I2S audio possibilities

Brian Fay ovaltinevortex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:34:41 CET 2015

Simon, have you compared the wolfson to any USB interfaces? I'm curious
about how it performs by comparison, using no more than 2 input and 2
output channels. I had some success with a USB interface on a Pi using pd
and alsa, and got down to somewhere around 15 milliseconds of latency.

I couldn't avoid occasional pops and clicks, and if I really pushed the
number of effects I was using at once I would get some serious xruns. With
the wolfson bypassing USB altogether, is it easier to achieve a low latency?

And since you mentioned an RT kernel, I'm curious - did you patch it
yourself, or is there already an image available? Is it stable, or does it
randomly freeze?

-Brian