[PD] new raspberries

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 03:54:47 CET 2015

On 05/02/15 12:51, Simon Wise wrote:

> (I haven't checked out the newest Pi at all yet, it apparently has a very much
> more powerful processor so is quite a different beast)

Ok ... so it is a very similar chip with Quad-core ARMv7 replacing the single
core ARMv6, with the rest of the chip apparently left unchanged ... so same USB
and same graphics, more CPU for audio and a desktop, still less than half the
price of an Udoo.

Not much docs up yet at all, but there are images for a few systems ... kind of
typical.

And the move to ARMv7 takes it closer to current hardware, so for example there
isn't the same need to build raspbian as a half-way house between 2 debian
builds ... for now they say they are keeping the same user-space in both
raspbian builds and seem to have compatibility high on their agenda.

Has anyone here actually got one yet?

Simon