[PD] is /etc/rc.local the script that runs on boot?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:58:41 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com> wrote:

> rc.local runs as root ... to launch pd use:
>
> sudo -u pi -i pd -nogui -noaudio -nomidi /share/master.pd &

I don't get the /share/master.pd what is it supposed to do in this command?

> or similar, here pi is the user, the & means pd runs in the background.
>
> I usually keep a script at /share/initialise then call it as user pi, it
> makes it a lot easier to keep different projects ans swap between them.

there's no /share/initialise file or directory... should I create it? And
then should I put my script there and call it from rc.local? For example
'sudo -u pi -i sh /share/initialise/launch_pd.sh' is any good (supposing I
write a script called launch_pd.sh which launches Pd and open the desired
patch...)?

I put 'sudo -u pi -i /usr/local/bin/pd -nogui -open
~/pd_patches/load_test.pd' in rc.local but again it didn't work...