[PD] is /etc/rc.local the script that runs on boot?

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:00:06 CET 2015

On 06/02/15 23:58, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:

> I put 'sudo -u pi -i /usr/local/bin/pd -nogui -open
> ~/pd_patches/load_test.pd' in rc.local but again it didn't work...

~ means home folder ... but that file is in the home folder of pi, not of
root (which is running this command) ... use:

sudo -u pi -i /usr/local/bin/pd -nogui -open /home/pi/pd_patches/load_test.pd

in any case using explict full paths is a good idea in root scripts like rc.local.

Iohannes answered the rest, I was a too terse! yes, to make it easy to work with
several projects and Pis I keep all the project specific stuff in a folder I
call /share/ ... then it is easy to swap between projects.

simon