[PD] is /etc/rc.local the script that runs on boot?

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 16:12:07 CET 2015

On 06/02/15 12:58, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> I put 'sudo -u pi -i /usr/local/bin/pd -nogui -open
> ~/pd_patches/load_test.pd' in rc.local but again it didn't work...

~/ gets expanded by the shell to the contents of ${HOME} before the sudo
command is even executed, so it's going to be root's home, usually /root
- (as recommended by others) launch pd from a script, and specify the
full path to the script in your /etc/rc.local sudo command (avoid using
~/ or ${HOME}).

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk