[PD] is /etc/rc.local the script that runs on boot?

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:12:59 CET 2015

hi,

in my case, I put my scripts in /etc/init.d and then make them run on boot
with update-rc.d or insserv
if I need to run them when plugin a USB device, I wrote a udev rules
and if I need networking, I put my script in /etc/networking/if-up.d
running a pd patch at startup that relies on network implies to check the
network state inside Pd
running the patch through if-up.d and stoping it with if-down is more
robust to my eyes

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr