[PD] new raspberries

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 02:22:35 CET 2015

On 07/02/15 08:38, katja wrote:
> Aplay can play a .wav file without trouble, so it is not a general
> problem with the audio hardware or drivers on Pi 2b.
>
> I installed command htop to see CPU load per core. It's interesting,
> the load switches from one core to another, and sometimes they all
> seem to be almost idle even with a heavy Pd patch running.

are you using a pd compiled for the old, ARMv6 raspberry? or the one that comes
with raspbian, which I certainly hope is from debian ARMv7 repositories if you
use a raspberry 2. They say they have not changed userspace in raspbian ... hope
that does not mean raspbian is still built for ARMv6 with floating point even if
you are on a new raspberry!

Try one of the other images ... the new ones are there because they run on
ARMv7, and if they have puredata in their repositories then it will be built for
ARMv7 also.

Maybe you will need to build pd yourself, but in any case downloading one of the
binaries, built for the old raspberries, is asking for trouble.

Simon