[PD] high channel count audio output on the cheap?

Chris Chronopoulos chronopoulos.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:18:23 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've been looking for an inexpensive way to start playing around with the HOA
library <http://www.mshparisnord.fr/hoalibrary/en/> from within puredata.
But I've had trouble finding an audio interface with lots of analog outputs
(16 or more) that doesn't break the bank. The most promising candidate I've
found is maybe the Focusrite 18i20
<http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett18i20>, but even that seems
like overkill: I don't need inputs, or pre-amps, or MIDI or ADAT, just
output. Anyone have any suggestions for a bare-bones, high-channel count
DAC? Preferably with USB or PCI interface, preferably Linux compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Chronopoulos